LEO Command
Judiciary
LSPD
Whitelisted
SAPD Apprentice
Jan 11, 2021
UwXOF6c.png

Welcome to New Day RP 2.0
A bit over a year and three months ago I had the pleasure of writing a similar post to the one I am today, announcing the launch of New Day RP. At that time, we were a fledgling community - with a bulk of our membership coming from our partner community Wild West RP, and a Staff and Development team eager to take on the challenges and tribulations of running a GTA 5 RP Community.

Over the year and three months since we went live (and year and a half since this community was announced), we have grown to become one of the most popular and high quality roleplay servers in the FiveM RP ecosystem. When we opened New Day, I really didn't know what to expect - I imagine many others didn't either - but I could not be more proud of what this community has become. We've had our ups and downs and highs and lows, but this community never ceases to amaze me. Just today, many people were posting their "1.0 Appreciations" on the Discord, and it brought a lot of joy to me to see the connections and friendships people have made here, and the roleplay they have experienced together.

I won't talk for too long on this subject, but I just want you all of you to know that you're what keeps this community awesome, and I couldn't be happier to be a member of this community.

Onto the stuff you actually want to read!

For those of you not familiar at all with what's going on with this update, New Day RP 2.0 is an entire framework overhaul from our 1.0 code. We have rebuilt a vast majority of our codebase and re-written things with future-planning in mind. This new framework is great, and it's far too much to talk about in this post, but you can find some additional information here.

With this framework comes a full database wipe - this means your characters, items, vehicles, houses, etc have all been wiped. The lore of the server is not wiped, so you can still remember people you know, and remember events that happened in the past. As for the lore reason behind this wipe, there's some "user discretion" involved here. For folks that want to come up with their own reasons as to how they lost their assets, they are more than welcome to. For those who would like to go along with the ongoing Mutiny events happening, there was a massive scheme that lead to many Citizens of San Andreas losing their bank accounts and assets via repossessions. You don't have to follow this template and we encourage you to come up with what makes sense for you and your character, so long as it is reasonable!

You can access our 1.0 Character Information website here which should assist you with re-creating your 1.0 character. As we've made adjustments to the Creator things may not be 1 to 1 the same, but this should give you a pretty good idea of how to re-create your character.

There are some other important changes going into 2.0:

• We are transitioning from SaltyChat to Mumble. We are going to see how this goes for the first couple to few weeks and we will poll the community to see how the transition has gone. A guide on how to use Mumble can be found here.
  • In-game interactions are now handled entirely through UI which can be accessed through the "E" key. More information can be found on the FAQs for this.
  • Almost every single keybind is now a registered keymapping, improving performance and accuracy of presses. These keymappings can also be individually adjusted to suit your needs via your FiveM settings menu. We encourage you to wipe your keymappings before joining the server for the first time. You can find more information on how to do that here.
A few things to note:
  • This is a brand new custom framework, and there's bound to be some bugs, quirks, and things we didn't expect. We ask that you fill out bug reports (and search to see if things have already been reported to avoid duplicates!). We plan on spending the initial wave of 2.0 bug-fixing as much as we can.
  • There may be some bits and bobs missing - don't worry, we're probably aware and we're going to get them sorted in the coming days and week.
  • Please remember to have some patience with our Staff and Development teams as we transition to this brand new framework! It has taken us a long time to get here and we're eager to ensure everything is working well, but getting it right will take a bit of time - there are bounds to be bugs, this is very early software still!
Finally, I'd like to give a HUGE thank you to our Development Team for the time that they've put into making this update a reality. Over a dozen Developers of various backgrounds and specialties have come together and spent the past 7 months building this framework from the ground up. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all you have done to get us to this point.

And to the Staff Team who has served this community faithfully for the past year and a half, resolving over 20,000 Support Tickets and processing over 9,800 Whitelist Applications, all while supporting the community and planning events around 2.0 - Thank you for all of your hard work. Without you folks as cogs, this machine would not run. It is immensely appreciated.

Thank you all, and I look forward to what's to come in 2.0!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.