LEO Command
Judiciary
LSPD
Whitelisted
SAPD Apprentice
Jan 11, 2021
sK17V0Y.png

Greetings Entrepreneurs!

We are pleased to announce that on Saturday, June 12th the New Day RP Business Update will be released. This update will provide Businesses a framework to employ and pay their employees a wage out of an account that gets replenished every week by ... Magic, and by any money the business makes that goes into it's account via invoices.

Businesses will need to apply for these mechanics
HERE. You can apply for Business mechanics such as:

• Managers can hire / fire employees as they see fit
  • Wages for employees
  • Shared garages
  • Changing rooms
  • Storerooms (Private item shops)
  • Door locks (These are case by case review)
As a note, these mechanics not only took a significant amount of time to develop and will take a significant amount of time to create for each Business. We ask that folks be respectful with the mechanics they are given and don't spoil them for the bunch. If you are given server-mechanics for your business, you are being entrusted with a gated job within the community, and should take care to use that appropriately. We aim to support people's roleplay by adding a way to make money for providing roleplay (albeit at a reduced rate versus an active job), and we are putting trust in the community to do this.

Rollout of the Business Update will take some time as we will be busy processing as many Business Server-Mechanic Requests as possible! Have patience with us.

Now, get back to work!

Forrest Mann

The Whole Table
Management
Early Supporter
Groundbreaker
LEO Command
Judiciary
LSPD
Whitelisted
SAPD Apprentice
Jan 11, 2021
When business pay was originally suggested, I had warned about my concern that some people would double-dip the system and go off doing other things for money while farming the increased paycheck. Many folks told me that people would be responsible and wouldn't do this - but unfortunately, some folks are.

I have messaged a couple now, but I need to post this here publicly. Please clock off if you are leaving your job. We allow for businesses to manage themselves but when we know it's being abused but unreported it makes me question whether or not a range-lock to the business would be necessary. I hope to not go down this route as it would disadvantage many good business owners.

Please be respectful of the mechanics we have put in the server for your business, and don't farm extra paychecks while you are not working at your business.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.