LEO Command
Judiciary
LSPD
Whitelisted
SAPD Apprentice
Jan 11, 2021
pyK7D3m.png

Development Update
Just over 2 months ago, I outlined our plans for 2.0 in a "What's to Come" update to the community. At that time, we were in the fledgling state of development of our brand new from the ground up framework with our development partners, The Modding Collective (TMC). Since that time, we have spent hundreds of hours working on development of 2.0, occasionally sharing some updates or sneak peaks in general chat but not providing a proper update to the community, so that's what this post aims to do.

Before I go any further, I want to sincerely thank every developer and member of Staff who has contributed to the 2.0 project so far. This has been a daunting task - when we started New Day RP 2.0, we started the community with an existing framework, and we have hobbled together updates that have, at times, been inconsistent in their design and implementation. Our 2.0 framework has put a huge emphasis on both performance optimization and project standards so that all parts of the framework can come together and feel like one singular piece of software that we can use to build incredible RP stories on.

Expectations for New Day RP 2.0
I want to address this in the best way that I can considering that there is still a lot of development work to be done between now and launch. I think there are some misconceptions in the community about what to expect for launch - some people underestimate the significance of the 2.0 framework, and some people overestimate it.

The 2.0 framework is a significant undertaking. Not only is the core framework being re-written, almost all of our scripts and resources are being re-written from scratch by in-house developers and TMC, with few exceptions (such as our police radar system, or other 3rd party add-ons that we intend on keeping like pool). We are re-writing these scripts from scratch because the entire style and methodology behind our development and code design has changed significantly with 2.0, putting optimization into the forefront of how we design scripts. This has been an adjustment for all of us, but luckily we're steaming ahead now at a good pace.

With that being said - while we have grand plans for New Day RP 2.0 and those plans will come to fruition, we will be faced with deciding when to "pull the trigger" and swap over from our current framework, and what features are necessary for day 1 and what can be put on our post-launch roadmap. A good example of this is advanced heists - big banks, and some other projects we have planned - are considered "post-launch" roadmap, and will come in the weeks following the release of 2.0. We also don't expect people to be going through the process of advanced heists in the first few weeks anyways, so this is an item we have diverted from launch day readyness.

With that being said, I will provide a roadmap on this post of what to expect before launch day, though it is not limited to what is on that list, that is what we will provide. The 2.0 framework is going to be a huge project for us, and one that does not end when we launch. We will see many more regular content updates than we did with our current framework.

2.0 State of Development
In the "What's to Come" post, I outlined a 5 phase roadmap to release, and at the time we were deep in phase 2 of development, being the "core features" portion of development. Since then, we have moved much more into gameplay features and non-core functions and are nearing the point where we are going to more actively involve our beta testers in larger more extensive tests than we've invited them on to this point. I have updated the roadmap to reflect the current state of development:
MNRblOE.png
A few more things...
While I am not going to go too in-depth into explaining these screenshots, please enjoy a selection of sneak-peaks from the upcoming framework.
Character Selector
AuQvun5.jpg

Character Creator
1j7CGP2.jpg

eis4LvL.jpg

ihIImPE.jpg

ksUUw1k.jpg

Styles / Outfit Saving
yKrgNNv.jpg

L3nQ89m.jpg

Office Customization

PkLua3j.jpg

uZeHbbs.jpg

Business Management
Yt7zl12.jpg

DHs22J4.jpg

5rDV4HT.jpg

Banking
pVbzTcD.jpg

Restaurant Systems
9Z4tiwv.jpg

Phone (not sharing too much of this yet, but more to come!)
ZDEv6Q4.png
MX5yFr8.png

g5vmtSG.png

XoS1xM4.png

And finally.. For those of you who sometimes forget to renew your motel rooms:
zn6albh.jpg
What's next
We plan to spend the next few weeks finishing up on the items we have remaining on the roadmap as well as planning a public beta where we will be able to stress test the new framework ahead of launch. As we get closer to launch, we will begin (and have already begun) winding down additions to 1.0, as to put our entire focus into 2.0 development. As stated in the "What's to Come" post, our target for the release of New Day RP 2.0 was April - May 2022. This timeline remains as our current timeline, however it is much more likely that it will be in May than April. We will have more exact dates as we get closer to release.

2.0 Funding
As part of our "What's to Come" post, we had our first 2.0 fundraising round, and we not only met but exceeded our fundraising goal of $2,500 within the first 24 hours. To everyone who donated during the first fundraising round, thank you so much for your contribution to this project. We have come as far as we have now because of the funds we raised during this process.

Unfortunately, within the past couple of months we have undergone a series of infrastructure attacks, which has caused us to require anti-DDoS mitigation systems and infrastructure updates that have carried significant costs. Our monthly expenditures have nearly doubled over the past 4 months. Thankfully we generally receive more money than we need on a monthly basis, however the amount of money we have in reserves has decreased because of this.

With that being said, we will be opening up one final 2.0 fundraising round with a goal of $2,000. This fundraising round is open now, and will remain open until 11:59pm EST on Saturday, April 16th 2022, or later if the fundraising goal has not been met by this time. All donations to this fundraising round will also be eligible for the "2.0 Supporter" minty-green tag. This will be the final fundraising round that will be eligible for this tag.

Lastly in regards to donations and New Day RP, I want to reiterate our commitment to providing a space of equality regardless of the amount that a person donates to this community. While many other communities make money by offering access to priority whitelist, priority queues, donator cars and skins, we stand committed to providing an equal playing space to all players. All donations are sincerely appreciated and will go entirely to the upkeep and costs associated with running a community of this size, to be able to provide a place for all, including those who cannot contribute, a place to enjoy and roleplay in.

I cannot wait to share this new framework with you all.
Vj8iKQ1.jpg

New Day RP Management

Last edited: