Groundbreaker
LEO Command
Judiciary
LSPD
Whitelisted
SAPD Apprentice
Jan 11, 2021
Hi all,

I wanted to create a thread to lay the groundwork for the expectations and reasons we created this community for.

For many years, I and many others here have searched for a good, high-quality GTA 5 Roleplay server, but couldn't find a place to call home. There are lots of servers out there, but we wanted to get back into the serious and less memey side of Grand Theft Auto Roleplay. With the strong backing of the Wild West RP community, we decided early this year to take the leap and create New Day RP - A New Day for GTA 5 RP.

What I want to address is what serious means - Serious doesn't mean you can't have fun! But serious does mean you shouldn't be zipping around town at 80-100mph, striking pedestrians, while you're trying to do a garbage or Go Postal job. It also means that roleplay MUST happen before gunplay can happen. This means no drive-bys where you just yell "fuck you!" as you drive by and fire at them - it means having a dialogue before you go in guns-blazing.

I want to also clarify that there is etiquette to being a criminal. This means when you rob them, is it really necessary to take everything they have, food, water, IDs and all? Typically the answer is no, and this behavior typically leaves a sour taste in people's mouths. The other thing to consider is that you are robbing another player, and that their RP matters to! There's a lot that can be done to make situations enjoyable for both sides, and that's what people should focus on. The same goes for things like chain-robbing stores - if you are robbing multiple stores in a row but never interact with the police, what's the point? At that point it seems more like farming than doing it for the RP - and I can say from experience, store robberies can be a lot of fun for both sides during an interaction!

The entire point here is that people should be thinking about what they are doing and if it makes sense for their character. The actions you take should be story driven, not for memes or other reasons. There's lots of room for fun - just do it in the right way! And think logically about what you're doing - try and figure things out on your own, you shouldn't be in the middle of the street asking people how to rob houses or whatnot... Learn things naturally, don't force it! The server is only a couple days old, there's going to be a lot of time to learn things over your time here.

On that note as well, cases of RDM/FailRP/No-initiation will be met with harsh consequences as we start ramping up here. Take this as a warning to ensure you are properly initiating.

At the end of the day, we're trying to cultivate a high quality roleplay environment and while there's still going to be a need to do jobs and such (which we're actively working on balancing still), you don't need to rush through things. Slow it down a bit and enjoy the roleplay, and learn things naturally!

Remember that your Whitelist in this community is a privilege, and that we need to work towards the common goal of high quality roleplay together.

Thanks all!

Last edited: