Business Interior Remodels (shells): Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Euckland

Development Lead
Silver Supporter
Whitelisted
May 28, 2021
(s)Hello everyone! The wait for business owners is over, Floorplan Remodels are here and Tech and Sons is opening on a limited basis for their implementation.
(Please note the MLO and Interior Guide has been updated as well)

What is an interior remodel?​

Different from a new construction or renovation, Interior Remodels allow a business to work with Tech and Sons to choose from a list of floorplans that make their premises accessible to the outside world!

(OOC: Shells/Remodels are functionally identical to houses. It's a house for your business!)

Unique Advantages​

Unlike New Construction projects, these interiors provide some really cool advantages you can't get with a construction project:
  • You're in control: Once your floorplan has been ushered into your premises, all of the decisions on how to decorate, are yours to make. Businesses have access to the same furniture catalog available to residential customers for the freedom to order and install whatever your heart desires. No longer do you need to make an appointment with Tech and Sons to rearrange your furniture or change up your entire look.
  • Limitless Options: With traditional construction, you would need to find blueprints perfectly tailored to your premises. Our floorplans provide options for premises of varying sizes and functions. We bring these floorplans to you, so you can keep your business in the neighborhood that helped build it!
  • (OOC) Performant: This method of construction enables us to build more densely and potentially open up areas to construction that previously had been closed for performance concerns.
  • Security and Flexibility: Unlike some existing interiors that utilize elevator entry points, the locks on your entry are able to be Locked and Unlocked at will, ensuring you're always open for business when you want to be.
  • Fast: This is the fastest construction option that Tech and Sons provides. We work with our contractors to ensure completion within a matter or days, not weeks or months.

Krapea Grand Opening (2am Eastern)​

In coordination with this announcement, Krapea has moved into town, just North of Legion Square!

Their always-open showroom will feature an evolving and rotating selection of furniture items specifically geared toward helping businesses run efficiently. They will stock appliances and furniture for commercial kitchens, restaurants, retailers, corporate environments, and other specialty businesses. Everything they stock will be on display so you can be see for yourself what meets the Krapea quality standard. Check back regularly to see what is new in their spacious warehouse!

Requirements for Interior Remodel/Floorplan​

Please read carefully, failure to understand these guidelines and false representations on your request will result in a 90 hold on any and all work with Tech and Sons.

• Requests can only be made by the business owner.
  • You must have maintained an active premises license for the last 30 days (a premises move between this period still qualifies as long as the business remained active)
  • Your business must have maintained demonstrable business activity for at least the last 30 days. Your activity WILL be checked and verified before approval. Attempts to skirt this requirement will result in a 90 day hold from Tech and Sons services.
  • You can request a specific floorplan and Tech and Sons will work with you to ensure that the final floorplan installed meets the engineering and structural requirements of your premises. We will help suggest alternative floorplans if necessary.
  • OOC: Limit 1 interior per PLAYER. You should have no other business interiors, across all of your characters. Consult the Interior guide for more info: MLO and Interiors Guide

Pricing​

Price of installing a new floorplan begins at $100,000 and ranges up to $150,000 depending on size. After placing your request, Tech and Sons will be in touch to discuss pricing and other details.

Availability​

It is our goal to have this service be unlimited. We plan not to have indefinite closures but may periodically close requests for a few days at a time to allow ourselves and our partners at DoCL to meet demand. We DO anticipate some intermittent closures of requests during the initial weeks while we manage the initial surge in requests and we greatly appreciate your patience!

Ok Ok I Get It... How do I make a request?​

Once you're certain you meet the requirements and are ready to begin, visit the Tech and Sons website to see available floorplans at: Remodel Floorplans.
Once you've found a floorplan you like, or are ready for us to help you determine one appropriate for your space, you can Request Here.

Frequently Asked Questions​

Q: "If I get a remodel now, can I have full Construction/Renovation done later?"​
A: Yes! There are many options available to businesses for how they choose to operate. Whether your start at a beach shack, rented office, New Construction interior, or otherwise, none of them preclude you from moving to the others.​
Q: "Can all of my businesses systems be installed in a Remodel Floorplan?"​
A: Yes! Any existing business system, from DoCL or otherwise specialty system should be able to be installed within your Floorplan.​
Q: "Can I put my collectibles/handheld items in my store/business?"​
A: Absolutely. Any handheld collectible item that operates using the collectible system is able to be placed and picked up (by business employees) in your interior.​
Q: "I don't see a floorplan that I like for my business, will there be more?"​
A: First, it's important to remember that these places are endlessly customizable. With a wide variety of furniture, wallpapers, and the growing list of other items in the catalog and Krapea, you can really turn any floorplan into anything you want it to be. That being said, if you really don't see something that meets your needs, we do plan to add more floorplans in the future.​
Q: "Can I change floorplans later?"​
A: For the initial launch and near term, we will not offer the option to change floorplans. Changing your floorplan requires more time from DoCL to move your systems and would cause you to lose any furniture that remains in the interior at the time of install. We will likely open this possibility in the future, but there is no ETA.​

Status
Not open for further replies.