Groundbreaker
LEO Command
Judiciary
LSPD
Whitelisted
SAPD Apprentice
Jan 11, 2021
Hi all!

With our transition to 12 hour restarts we have decided to reach out to the community for feedback on what time the server should restart. I’ve made this multi-pick (max 3), so just select which ones you’d prefer.

We will try to align NDRP and WWRP, so we will be considering the votes from both communities.

Please be civil :)

Thanks!

Frieda Brandt

Whitelisted
Jul 19, 2021
I wonder if 3 restarts a day might be better, if 4 is really too much? A lot of people with less strong PC setups or people in different regions of the world are having a hard time with the resource buildup and they crash a lot, sometimes cant load in and experience lag towards the second half of the restart periods.

Nikolai Brambilla

Gold Supporter
Whitelisted
Feb 9, 2021
I think how it is works really good and I don't have many issues and my pc is not SpaceX shit either.

Josh Garret

OnlyBans
May 12, 2022
as someone with a really bad computer these 12 hour storms have absolutely been killing me the first 6 hours are pretty good but as it hits what was supposed to be the 8 pm restart everything starts going down hill textures start going. crashes start happening more and the overall lag just gets worse so I think a restart in the middle would be very very helpful

Jay Harrington

Every Kiss Begins With Jay
2.0 Supporter
Gold Supporter
LEO Supervisor
LEO FTO
SAFR
BCSO
Whitelisted
Jun 15, 2021
I'd honestly would suggest maybe 3x 8hr restarts? (Ex. 2am - 10am - 6pm) I feel this would be better for most people who think 4 is too many but also people with lower end PC's that struggle with the 12 hour restarts. I feel as it would leave more room for RP as less server restarts then 4 but you don't have to worry about and long term performance issues with 12?

Forrest Mann

The Whole Table
Management
Early Supporter
Groundbreaker
LEO Command
Judiciary
LSPD
Whitelisted
SAPD Apprentice
Jan 11, 2021
I wonder if 3 restarts a day might be better, if 4 is really too much? A lot of people with less strong PC setups or people in different regions of the world are having a hard time with the resource buildup and they crash a lot, sometimes cant load in and experience lag towards the second half of the restart periods.
These issues can be resolved with client restarts. There’s no “resource buildup” (except maybe some extra vehicles… but even that’s mostly negligible as they get cleaned up, even non-local vehicles, and bag drops which are done by grid anyways so again negligible). No need to restart the entire server for what a client restart will resolve, unless you want to clarify what you meant by “resource buildup” that is resolved by a restart?

Reactions: Lucas Yoshi

Storm Merlyn

Local Goth Girl
Silver Supporter
Whitelisted
Mar 24, 2021
To me I feel like the restart times would be best decided upon by the Developers, and when they feel like it'd work best for them to address anything that pops up after restarts or updates. Otherwise the times don't really affect me all that much, much love to the devs! <3

Jax Walker

2.0 Supporter
Silver Supporter
LSPD
Whitelisted
LEO Support Role
Jul 9, 2021
London, UK
To me I feel like the restart times would be best decided upon by the Developers, and when they feel like it'd work best for them to address anything that pops up after restarts or updates. Otherwise the times don't really affect me all that much, much love to the devs! <3
100% this.

Laura Russo-Lowe

Silver Supporter
Whitelisted
Mar 31, 2023
agreed. as I used to help develop cities before

Tobias Tarts

Terror Tarts
Trailblazer
Gold Supporter
Oct 17, 2021
Ottawa, Canada
twitch.tv
I'd honestly would suggest maybe 3x 8hr restarts? (Ex. 2am - 10am - 6pm) I feel this would be better for most people who think 4 is too many but also people with lower end PC's that struggle with the 12 hour restarts. I feel as it would leave more room for RP as less server restarts then 4 but you don't have to worry about and long term performance issues with 12?
I think every 8 hours could be a compromise, but surprising, the big thing that FiveM chugs with is mostly client-side. The joy of the 4 restarts per day is it forced us to close the game and take a bit of time to take a break, stretch, give the PC a breather etc. With 12 hours, some players will go for 6-8 hours without even noticing the time (don't at me, I know I'm one of them lmao). With FiveM being a memory hording leaky ship, it can be problematic.

Vivian Aldis

Silver Supporter
SAPD Command
SAPD
Whitelisted
Jun 6, 2021
England, UK
I'm not really sure what to vote here, but I just want to I have reviewed this, and I like it! what Karly said earlier.

Since the new restart times, the devs have been hella stressed about pushing things out in time, otherwise it's 12 hours until the next push. Then, when there is a bug, that's 12 hours to wait until they can fix it unless they shut the server down early to do so, which can interrupt RP.

I think ultimately this decision shouldn't be down to the players to make, but up to the devs seeing as they're the guys essentially doing all the behind the scenes stuff that means the server doesn't get brokey.

If it were up to me, I'd say lets go back to the 7am/1pm/7pm/1am (GMT) restarts or change it to 8 hours to allow for dev pushes and help those with computers who can't handle as well x

Carmen Medlin

Whitelisted
Public Works
Feb 1, 2022
Tennessee
Honestly I would also prefer 3 8-hour restarts. If we based it on the 2am restart it'd be 2am, 10am, and 6pm, but at the end of the day it should be up to the devs of both communities.

Reactions: Jimmie Dimmick

Forrest Mann

The Whole Table
Management
Early Supporter
Groundbreaker
LEO Command
Judiciary
LSPD
Whitelisted
SAPD Apprentice
Jan 11, 2021
Generally speaking having two availabilities to push updates in a day is fine. Having somebody around to troubleshoot bugs is a different story but also generally speaking most bugs aren’t significant enough to warrant an immediate restart or hotfix anyways, so 6/8/12 hours is all the same in that regard. It makes some impact but realistically a vast majority of the changes we make are non-urgent beyond events which have specific time windows they have to be completed by, and ideally that work will be done the day before (we should not be rushing things in… historically that’s where issues have come from, which I am guilty of myself as well). We still update more frequently than most servers even with 12 hour restarts.

Community feedback is important, though not the only deciding factor. It’s unlikely we will go to 8 hour restarts versus 12 hours.

Nikolai Brambilla

Gold Supporter
Whitelisted
Feb 9, 2021
I feel like there is more life to the server with the 12h restart. Yes, people do lose track of time but we should not held somebody else responsible for that. We're all adults here and we shall judge as we see fit for ourselves.

I'm really enjoying this way and performance wise seems to be the same. And if there needs to be an emergency restart so be it, no stress.

Thank you staff & dev team and everyone who is involved for having us and creating a play ground for us.

Sara Fox

2.0 Supporter
Silver Supporter
SAFR FTO
SAFR
Whitelisted
Feb 14, 2021
I'm personally a fan of having 3x 8 hour restarts. These 12 hours have been brutal on the server. I have a solid gaming PC and even I'm having issues with the city. Locals having headaches, more ghost locals then before, inventory taking forever to load at times, phones taking 10+ seconds to put back into your pocket.

And to echo Nikolai's sentiments; thank you to the staff and dev team of New Day for making all of this possible.

Reactions: Astrid Slinger

Travis Grimes

Romeo Papa
Administrator
2.0 Supporter
Silver Supporter
SAFR
Whitelisted
Jul 3, 2021
wlo.link
It feels good to have the ability to start events at 6, 7, or 8pm now without the worry of a restart.