Romeo Papa
Administrator
2.0 Supporter
Silver Supporter
SAFR
Whitelisted
Jul 3, 2021
wlo.link
I'm personally a fan of having 3x 8 hour restarts. These 12 hours have been brutal on the server. I have a solid gaming PC and even I'm having issues with the city. Locals having headaches, more ghost locals then before, inventory taking forever to load at times, phones taking 10+ seconds to put back into your pocket.

And to echo Nikolai's sentiments; thank you to the staff and dev team of New Day for making all of this possible.
I think there might be some client side contributions as we all experience what having FiveM open for longer than 6 hours does to a PC. I was having HARD chugs and system lock ups, but noticed it was a while since a pc restart. After, it's smooth as butter.

Rhys Hastings

Rice Hastings
2.0 Supporter
Gold Supporter
LEO Command
LEO FTO
BCSO
Whitelisted
Sep 22, 2021
In my experience, 12 hour restarts are the norm for FiveM. Whatever issues we have regarding local scuff are not necessarily a function of restart frequency, given that we also used to have them when we were on 6 hour restart cycles. Personally I've been a big fan of the lack of interruption in the middle of the day, it has felt like an extra 1-2 hours of RP time that was otherwise lost to lack of activity in the hour leading up to and following a restart.

Reactions: Anabelle Tate

Frieda Brandt

Whitelisted
Jul 19, 2021
These issues can be resolved with client restarts. There’s no “resource buildup” (except maybe some extra vehicles… but even that’s mostly negligible as they get cleaned up, even non-local vehicles, and bag drops which are done by grid anyways so again negligible). No need to restart the entire server for what a client restart will resolve, unless you want to clarify what you meant by “resource buildup” that is resolved by a restart?
Yeah, stuff like when people throw items on the ground all day and it builds up and has to load when someone loads into the server and all that sort of stuff. I dont know much at all about servers and dev work but in past servers ive been on the server always runs best after a restart. and ive noticed my friend crashing all the time lately when the login numbers get real high. Sorry if i used the wrong term, i meant no offense.

Reactions: Miles Strand

Forrest Mann

The Whole Table
Management
Early Supporter
Groundbreaker
LEO Command
Judiciary
LSPD
Whitelisted
SAPD Apprentice
Jan 11, 2021
Yeah, stuff like when people throw items on the ground all day and it builds up and has to load when someone loads into the server and all that sort of stuff. I dont know much at all about servers and dev work but in past servers ive been on the server always runs best after a restart. and ive noticed my friend crashing all the time lately when the login numbers get real high. Sorry if i used the wrong term, i meant no offense.
You’re all good. It’s highly unlikely stuff like additional items on the ground would contribute to crashing for example. These things are managed in grids so you aren’t loading everything all at once.