AGENT OF CHAOS
Management
Early Supporter
Groundbreaker
SAFR
Whitelisted
Jan 11, 2021
Howdy everyone,
This is on the topic of the proper uses of the /me command within game.

The /me command is something that is used to show an action or visible emotion of a character. Something that if the character is irritated, they can '/me she has an upset look on face' or '/me looks upset'.

Do not use /me or /OOC for OOC comments or banter
This is considered breaking character and is also a huge misuse of the /me and /OOC command.

Avoid using /me for showing thoughts
'/me Thinks about shooting the loudmouth'
This is technically a form of meta as technically people are not mind readers and cannot fathom what a character is thinking

A better way to use the /me in that case would be
/me stares at the man that is talking loudly with a look of distain, while gripping the handle of his gun
Of course, you can simplify that or put that into a few different /me. But it is about the point of showing the actions and not telling the other person what is going through your head.

Do not use /me to speak or communicate through sign language
/me says "Please help me, I am dying"
This server is a Voice server and only people who are IRL mute can use this for this type of thing.
Using /me to speak is a misuse of the command and it will end in Disciplinary actions if not approved to use it.

In regards to sign language, the use of it becomes a type of meta to those around you who wouldn't understand it.

Only approved mutes may use /me to speak
Please open a support ticket and discuss with a member of staff if you are IRL mute and need to use text in order to speak.
This server does have special systems in place for people who are IRL mute and physically unable to speak. We do our absolute best to be inclusive in this regard.
(If you have no Microphone or just don't want to speak but are able to actually speak then you are not considered IRL mute.)

Regarding the use of /me Perma
This is not to be used in a joking manner. If you type that you /me perma or anything of the like, it will be expected that the character is then dead forever. It is possible to lose the character forever due to this being used as a joke.

The following used in a joking manner and continuing to play the character are classified as FailRP
/me ded
/me dies
/me perma

MedRP needs to be taken seriously and if you are going to kill off your character then that should be the only time that you ever put that sort of thing into a /me.
Even then, be mindful of the immersion of others and try better wording
/me Has no pulse and is not able to be brought back
/me is dead and lifeless

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.